Indian Recipe: Index
Kheer (preparation of milk & rice)
- Basmati rice (shorter variety) 200gm
- 2 and 1/2 liter of milk
- Sugar as per taste (it is a sweet dish)
- Elachi 1/2 teaspoonful
- 2 teaspoonfuls of raisins (dried grapes) and
cashew nut (Anacardium occidentale)
- One pinch of saffron powder (optional)
- Rinse the rice in water, then boil it with milk in low flame. Add the cardamom. Stir continuously otherwise the milk will get burned at the base of the pot.
- When the rice is completely boiled, add sugar and mix it homogeneously. If you like, you may add saffron to it (it is not compulsory, it is used only to color the kheer, otherwise taste remains same)
- Your kheer is prepared now. Add raisins and cashew nut to the preparation. You may serve it hot or put it in refrigerator to serve later.
<<Back to Previous Page
Post a comment: