Indian Recipe: Index
For seasoning spices:
- Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and cut in pieces and keep aside.
- Make a fine paste with ginger, garlic and green chilies.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the cumin and mustard seeds.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry till they become brown.
- Add ginger-garlic-chili paste, tomatoes and simmer till the mixture becomes pulpy and starts sticking at the bottom.
- Add garam masala powder, red chili powder & fry it well..
- Add the potatoes to this mixture and stir well.
- Take care that the boiled potatoes do not break while stirring.
- In a separate vessel, take Kasoori Methi and add water and some salt, heat gently so that the dry methi becomes wet.
- Add this mixture with potato mixture and mix well.
- Now add turmeric powder, sugar, salt to taste.
- Finally add 2 cups of water and cook with cover for 10-15 min.
- When the gravy becomes thick, turn off the gas.
- Serve hot with Roti,
<<Back to Previous Page
Post a comment: