Indian Recipe: Index
Parwal with Mung dal
- Fry the mung dal without oil or ghee for 3-4 min.
- Wash the fried dal with hot water and cook the dal with 2-3 cups of hot water & a pinch of turmeric
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the parwal till light brown and keep aside.
- Heat the fresh oil in a pan, sauté the bay leaf, red chili, whole cumin seeds, chopped ginger and fry it well.
- Add pre-cooked dal, cumin seeds powder, chili powder, sugar, salt and mix well.
- Add pre-fried parwal, grated coconut and cook it for 10-12 min with cover.
- When the dal becomes thick, add ghee and crashed green cardamoms.
- Remove from gas and serve hot with Plain
<<Back to Previous Page