Indian Recipe: Index
Spicy Bottle-gourd curry with Coconut
- Roast coriander and cumin seeds in a tawa and keep aside.
- Make a fine paste with roasted cumin seeds, coriander seeds, ginger, garlic, whole red
chilies, peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric powder and scraped coconut (reserve 1 tablespoon of scraped coconut for garnishing) and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté asafoetida and mustard seeds.
- When they begin to crackle, add curry leaves and chopped onions and fry it.
- Add bottle-gourd pieces and stir fry for 5 min.
- Add the spices paste and mix it properly.
- Add 2 cups of water, stir and bring it to boil.
- After few min add tamarind pulp, salt and mix with gravy properly and cook it for 5-6 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, turn off the gas.
- Serve hot, decorated with grated coconut.
<<Back to Previous Page
Post a comment: