Indian Recipe: Index
List Of Vitamin Deficiency Diseases
1. Keratinizing metaplasia - Due to vitamin A deficiency the epithelial lining of
2. Xerosis - Dryness of skin and conjunctiva due to a vit A deficiency.
3. Xerophthalmia - Dry and lusterless cornea and conjunctiva due to a vit A
4. Bitots's spot - White or greasy triangular deposits on the bulbar conjunctiva
5. Keratomalacia - Xerosis and ulceration of the cornea resulting from severe vit
6. Nyctalopia or Night blindness - Poor vision at night due to decreased synthesis
7. Phrynoderma or Toad skin - Thick and scaly skin due to vit A deficiency.
8. Xerostomia - Non-secretion of salvia due to destruction of saliva secreting cells
9. Gena valgum or Knock knee - Due to vit D deficiency in children legs are
10. Bowleg - A deformity of children due to vit D deficiency in which one or both
11. Rickety rosary - The cartilaginous portion of the ribs swell in children due to
12. Scoliosis - Sideways deviation of the backbone in children due to vit D
13. Pigeons brest - Due to vit D deficiency the lower part of the sternum, xyphoid
14. Harrisons sulcus - A depression develops on both sides of the chest wall of a
15. Craniotabs - Due to vitamin D deficiency in children ossification of the bones
16. Pot belly - Due to vitamin D deficiency in children muscle of belly do not
17. Ricket - Due to vitamin D deficiency among children the bones do not harden
18. Osteomalacia - Softening of bones in adults due to vitamin D deficiency.
19. Osteoporosis - Loss of bony tissue in adults due to vitamin D deficiency as a
20. Sterility - Due to deficiency of vit E production of gametes does not take place.
21. Abortion - Due to deficiency of vit E in female early
termination of pregnancy
22. Muscular dystrophy - Muscle fails of contract due to vit E deficiency.
23. Exudative diathecis - Due to vit E deficiency exudation of fluid takes place from
24. Ceroid pigmentation - In children vit E deficiency leads to deposition of excessive
25. Blood vomiting in new born - Due to vit K deficiency bleeding takes places from
26. Beriberi - A disease of the peripheral nervous system due to deficiency of vit B1.
27. Wernick's encephalopathy - In adult vit B1 deficiency leads to mental confusion
28. Nystagmus - Due to vit B1 deficiency in adults disorders of the brain occurs and
29. Cheilosis - Due to vit B1 deficiency lips become swollen, cracked with bright red
30. Stomatitis - Inflammation of the mucus lining of the mouth with the painfulwhite
31. Glossitis - Inflammation of the tongue takes place due to vit B2 deficiency.
32. Keratitis - Ulceration on cornea due to vit B2 deficiency.
33. Seborrhoeic dermatitis - Due to vit B2 deficiency
development of scaly ulceration
34. Erythroid hypoplassia - Anaemia caused by destruction of haemopoietic cells of
35. Chromitrichia - Hair becomes grayish due to vit B3 deficiency.
36. Pellegra - Scaly dermatitis of exposed surfaces due to vit B5 deficiency.
37. Pernicious anaemia - Anaemia due to absence of vit B12 in diet.
38. Scurvy - Swollen bleeding gums due to vit C deficiency.