Indian Recipe: Index
For grinding Spices:
- Wash and soak the rice for half an hour.
- Make a fine paste with ground spices and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry onions till crisp and take this out.
- Fry cashew nuts till light brown, take this out & keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the bay leaf, crushed cinnamon, clove, cumin seeds.
- Add ground spices and stir for 3-4 min.
- Add pre-washed rice and fry with spices for few min.
- Add 3 cups of water, sugar, salt to taste and bring to boil.
- Stir gently with spatula, cover and cook till all water evaporates and rice becomes tender.
- Remove from gas and garnish with pre-fried onion and cashew nuts.
- Serve hot.
<<Back to Previous Page