Indian Recipe: Index
- 2 cups of basmati rice
(scented rice) (washed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3-4 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups of water
- Heat the oil in a pan until very hot, but not smoking.
- SautĂ© grated ginger & cumin seeds and cook it for 1-2 min.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Add pre-washed rice and salt to taste and stir properly.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook it for 15-20 min or until all water is absorbed and rice becomes tender.
- When rice is ready, sprinkle lime juice and mix with rice properly.
- Enjoy with "Chatpata" Rice.
<<Back to Previous Page