Indian Recipe: Index
Chicken Shakuti (chicken cooked in coconut)
- Roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cinnamon,
cloves, peppercorns, nutmeg and red chili in a small frying pan.
- Now quickly 'dry-roast' the spices, stirring them frequently until they emit a
very pleasant 'roasted' aroma.
- Grind the spices in a grinder until fine, put the spices in a bowl.
- Put the coconut in the same frying pan and dry roast it over a medium flame,
stirring all the time.
- The coconut should pick up lots of brown flecks and also smell roasted.
- Put the coconut in the bowl with the other dry roasted spices.
- Make a fine paste with garlic, ginger, green chili along with some water.
- Heat the oil in a 10-12 inch frying pan, saute the onions until brown.
- Add the garlic-ginger mixture and stir well in a medium flame.
- Put the chicken pieces, salt, as well as the spiced coconut mixture in the bowl.
- Stir and fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until it loses its pinkness and turn the
heat to low, and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve hot.
<<Back to Previous Page
Post a comment: