Indian Recipe: Index
Achari Murgh (Pickled Chicken)
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and add the mustard, fennel, fenugreek, cumin,
nigella seeds, chilies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onion slices and fry on high flame for few seconds till the onions are well coated with oil and are still crunchy (neither fried nor
- Transfer to a bowl, leaving the oil in the pan.
- Add the ginger-garlic pastes, turmeric, red chili powder to the same pan and sauté for few seconds.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry on high flame about 2 min.
- Add the water and bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook on medium flame for 20-25 min.
- Add the tomato puree and fry on high flame for few seconds.
- Now add the fried onion mix and sprinkle salt to taste, mix well.
- Sauté on a high flame for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and remove for fire.
- Achaari Murgh is ready to Serve.
<<Back to Previous Page
Post a comment: