Indian Recipe: Index
Chara-ponar Jhol ( a light dish of baby rohu/katla)
- Marinate the pieces of the fish in haldi powder and salt for few minutes.
- Then fry it lightly in mustard oil and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add panch-phoran for sauté.
- Then fry the parwal and potato until light brown.
- Add turmeric, cumin, coriander powder, salt and sugar to taste & cook it for few min.
- Add water and pre-fried fish and cook it for 15 min with cover.
- When the dish is ready, add randhuni paste & stir it properly and place it on big bowl.
- Serve machher jhol with plain steamed rice.
<<Back to Previous Page