Indian Recipe: Index
Dal Makhni (mixed dal)
- Soaked kidney beans, black gram and split bengal gram together in water for six hours.
- Grind ginger, garlic and dry red chillies together to a paste.
- Drain out the water from the pulses and add 4 cups of fresh water.
- Cook the pulses in a pressure cooker with 1 tsp ghee, salt and half of the ginger-garlic paste.
- After the first whistle, reduce the flame and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and open the cooker and mash the contents.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, saute the tomatoes, leftover ginger-garlic paste, garam masala and coriander powder.
- Add this to the dal.
- Add butter and simmer on low flame for 20-25 minutes, stirring and mashing the dal occasionally with a ladle
against the sides of the cooker.
- Add beaten cream mixed with milk.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes more and serve hot with Roti or Paratha.
<<Back to Previous Page
Post a comment: