Indian Recipe: Index
Malpoa (a sweet & juicy dish of coconut)
- 1 litre Milk
- 200 gm Maida (white flour)
- 100 gm Suji (semolina)
- 2-3 cup coconut (grated)
- 1-2 teaspoon souf
- 250 gm Ghee (clarified butter)
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of almond (chopped)
Make a sugar syrup with 500 gm sugar and 500 gm water and keep aside.
- Boil the milk properly & keep aside.
- Take a big bowl, add maida, suji, coconut and mix well.
- Give the milk and make a thick & sticky batter but there without any lumps.
- Heat the ghee and take the batter in a small bowl.
- Pour in circular movement into the ghee and make a small pancake.
- Turn over and fry it in a low flame (don't fry it hard or crispy).
- Dip the small pancake in the syrup and lay out on a plate.
- Garnish the Malpoa with chopped almond & enjoy it hot or cold.
<<Back to Previous Page