Indian Recipe: Index
Ghevar (a sweet dish of Rajasthan)
- Plain Flour : 3 cups
- Ghee : 1 cup
- Water : ½ cup
- Milk : ½ cup
- Ice cubes : 3-4 pcs
- Yellow food color : ¼ tsp
- Ghee : 1 cup (for deep frying)
- Kewra essence : 5-6 drops
- Sugar : 1 ½ cups
- Water : 1 cup
- Add sugar to the boiled water to prepare a sugar syrup of 1 thread consistency.
- Take solidified ghee in a large bowl and rub it with ice cubes till it turns white.
- Add milk, flour and 1 cup water. Mix together to make a smooth batter.
- Dissolve some color in the water with kewra essence and to the batter. Add more
water if required.
- Batter should be very smooth and thin.
- Take an aluminum cylinder or a long cylindrical container with height 12 inches and
diameter 5-6 inches.
- Fill half the container with ghee and heat.
- When ghee is hot, take 50ml glass full of batter and put it slowly in the centre of the ghee.
- Allow foam to settle. Similarly, pour one more glassful in hole formed in the centre.
- When foam settles again, loosen ghevar with an iron skewer inserted in the hole.
- Place ghevar on the wire mesh to drain excessive oil.
- Pour hot sugar syrup in the flat bottomed container to fit in ghevar.
- Put ghevar in it and drain excessive syrup.
- Cool it for a while, cover with silver foil.
- Splash a few drops of saffron milk and sprinkle some pistachios and almonds with
- Ghevar is ready to serve.
<<Back to Previous Page
Post a comment: