Indian Recipe: Index
Phirni (a sweet dish of milk & rice)
- 1 litre Milk
- 100 gm Basmati
(half ground rice powder)
- 150 gm sugar
- 1-2 cardamom (ground)
- 2-3 tablespoon Rose water
- 1/2 cup of Raisins (wash)
- 1/2 cup of Cashew nut (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Almond & Pistachio (chopped)
- Boil the milk until it reduces to 1/2 of its original volume.
- Add rice powder with milk and cook it well.
- Add sugar, raisins, cashew nut, cardamom and mix well.
- Stir it continuously otherwise it will form lumps.
- When the mixture becomes thick add rose water.
- Keep the phirni in a glass bowl and garnish with chopped almond &
- Enjoy the cold Phirni as a dessert after dinner.
<<Back to Previous Page